Saturday, June 1, 2013

How do I get the most THC out of indicas and sativas?


Whether it is an indica or sativa, the most efficient and effective way to extract THC from marijuana is through the process of vaporization. Vaporization is an ingenious process that heats marijuana to an optimal temperature just below the point when it would start to burn. At this temperature, the THC will be released into the air through vapor rather than smoke. The result is hits that are 90% THC or more instead of the usual smoke which is often less than 20% THC, filled with carcinogens, and harsh to both the throat and lungs.

What type of cannabis is easier to grow, sativa or Indica

It will vary from strain to strain because every strain has unique characteristics and traits. There are a lot of common requirements between both such as nutrients, lighting, water, ph balancing, etc. but indica and sativa strains do have some key differences when growing.

It is easier to grow indicas than sativas. Indicas are easy to manage and often stay very compact which is especially ideal if you are growing indoors like I do. Indicas also take considerably less time to flower (8-12 weeks for indicas, 10-14 weeks for sativas), so if yield is a key factor, then indicas are a clear choice.

That being said, a lot of people greatly prefer the sativa high to the indica high, so growing sativas is sometimes preferred. Sativas tend to produce a lower yield, but the quality of the high can easily make up for it. I would also say growing sativas is probably best left for someone who has had a few successful grows under their belt because they can be more fickle and take a higher degree of patience.


11 comments:

  1. How do you tell them apart and where can proper seeds be purchased?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. The best way to tell whether a marijuana plant is sativa vs indica is to look at the plant itself. Sativas will tend to grow taller and stalkier while indicas will tend to be shorter and bushier. The plant’s leaves are also a very clear indication of which family it is a part of. Indicas have wide, fat leaves whereas sativas have narrower, finger-like leaves. One Love

      Delete
  2. Weed is weed. I have grown all strains I could get my hands on since 79, and fell NO difference in growing Indie vs Sativa. They are both like weeds and hard to kill. Kinda where the name came from perhaps, but IMHO if you can grow S you can grow I, what I heard you say is you prefer one over the other due to spaces reasons or stone preference but that was not the question it was which is easier to GROW. My answer after 35 years is neither, but am still learning as this is an art and a science. Nice post though bro and just my thoughts. 1Love and Peace. MMJ MUSE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your wealth of knowledge MMJ MUSE. One Love

      Delete
  3. It is easy to tell the sex of a plant and you can look up videos but it has to do with inter-nodal (where new branches form) spacing is greater in males and the males develop "balls" and if allowed to remain with your little girls will pollinate them and they will be less potent and produce seeds. This is often induced on purpose to create seed from great stock or to cross pollinate to create new breeds for selling or research. There is much research being done on high CBD strains of BOTH Sativa and Indie and it seems to hold much promise in many cases and I conducting some and have used it to great effect with patients who traditional medicine has failed. There are high THC strains which I have seen analysis (claimed) of 24, 25, 26 even 27% THC content but not sure the upper ones are valid and would want another test. Think of CBD as the "anti-THC" as it doesn't have much stone, but has great pain relief and healing properties. So buy your seeds wisely and they are all over the internet and at most MMJ Cups (I judged San Diego Medi-Cup 2013) and they had them there and my friend Dave at SoCalCuts will sell ya any strain of plant already grown to any size you want and you can just turn them back to flower and do a s.o.g. (sea of green) dense pack but that's another topic and not for grow 101. Let's say seeds and cuts are everywhere if you know where to look. All my love and been doing this longer than most of you have been alive but am mad tired from MMJ events we did in Vegas and have jet lag so all apologies if I am not spot on, but this is gist of it, and I consult for a living. 1Love and Peace. MMJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have about six VERY BASIC YOU TUBES UNDER MMJ MUSE....the sound sucks but I have been busy as one legged kick boxer and am very tire. We kicked butt in Vegas and I am heading to cali and WA next, but have big national surprise first., lol. I will get the vids cleaned up and I am BAKED after eating brownies and testing samples of flowers and concs for 10 hours straight in SD on 4/20 but its a tough job and somebody has to do and I did under a pen name (KS). I had a HUGE meeting with my new educational MMJ advocate partners 5 hours later so PLEASE forgive me...its not as eay as it looks folks, for real and am tired. Gotta go and bid you peace n hope i helped even a bit. MMJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WANT TO BE YOU WHEN I NEVER GROW UP!! Show me the way...if only you were hiring an intern...

      Delete
    2. I AM hiring an intern. I think you know the person. Jax's mom, if she's willing...1love we will discuss details of working with Satan, lol. Loveya Peace MMJ MUSE

      Delete
  5. All aplogies, I don't mean to come off like I know it all but lots of it is basic, and am happy to help. I ate great brownies today mad good and from a friend along with yummy nugs, so best I can do with being this tired, lol. I am willing to learn though...always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you said mmj muse...it's a tough job but somebodies GOT to do it : )

      Delete